The advantages of the locking devices are as follows:
- elimination of play between the shaft and the part driven
- uniform distribution of the load over the entire diameter
- facility of synchronisation between the various possible parts connected as a set
- reduction of the diameter (of project) of the drive shaft
- increase of the resistant section of the drive shaft
- reduction of the procurement times for machine assembly
- maintenance facilitated with no need to stop the machine
- availability of spare parts by main sub-suppliers of technical equipment.
The material used for the locking devices is c45 according to UNI EN 10083-1 regulations.