The advantages of the locking devices are as follows:
• elimination of play between the shaft and the part driven
• uniform distribution of the load over the entire diameter
• facility of synchronisation between the various possible parts connected as a set
• reduction of the diameter (of project) of the drive shaft
• increase of the resistant section of the drive shaft
• reduction of the procurement times for machine assembly
• maintenance facilitated with no need to stop the machine
• availability of spare parts by main sub-suppliers of technical equipment.
The material used for the locking devices is c45 according to UNI EN 10083-1 regulations.